11. What’s that arrow next to your gas gauge there for?
That little arrow lets you know what side your gas cap is on, this will avoid an embarrassing mistake at the gas station.
12. Why is one side of a bobby pin zigzagged?
The grooved side is the bottom of the pin and should face toward the scalp. The grooves help the hairpin hold the hair better.
13. How about the random hole in the side of a padlock?
The hole lets water drain out of the lock if you’re using it outdoors, so it won’t rust in the rain or freeze and break in the winter. Sneaky!
14. And the little bumps on the “F” and “J” keys on a keyboard?
In 10-finger typing, the “F” and “J” keys are the home keys, where your index fingers rest. The little bumps let you find your way back to the home position without looking down at your keyboard.
15. Why does an Apple power cable have THESE weird sticky out bits?
These ‘wings’ flip up to give you something to wrap the cable around, you”ll never have a tangled wire again!